Have you ever tried to join a Zoom meeting and, for whatever reason, it wouldn’t let you into the group? Or maybe Outlook keeps sending important messages to your spam folder and you don’t know how to fix it? From installation mishaps to connection failures, we all experience application issues from time to time. However, you can make life a little easier with application maintenance and support from an outsourced provider.
Regardless of what industry your company operates in, everybody works hard to give their business a competitive edge. Software helps us achieve that goal. The applications we use are meant to support our operations, whether it’s by increasing efficiency, providing convenience, or some other benefit. But that all breaks down when our programs fail to work as expected.
While app issues are nothing new to the business world, that doesn’t make them any easier to fix. As software becomes increasingly complex, solving these issues on your own gets more frustrating. Instead of hitting your head against the wall trying to figure out what’s wrong, a better move would be to get the help of someone who knows precisely what they’re doing.
Some managed service providers (MSPs) like Net3 IT offer what’s known as application maintenance and support. With this service, your vendor ensures your applications are available, reliable, and relevant for your evolving organizational needs. You can rest easy knowing you have fast access to professionals who will get you back up and running with minimal downtime.
Applications are continually evolving, adding new features and capabilities to become that much more valuable to your business. This doesn’t come without consequences, however. Maintenance requirements grow in direct proportion to an application’s complexity. These maintenance needs require specialized skill and attention.
For any small or medium-sized business without a full IT department, maintaining and fixing software may require too many resources. At the same time, doing nothing could result in lower productivity and prolonged downtime. By supporting software applications with application maintenance and support, you can:
- Improve app performance
- Boost customer satisfaction
- Continually adapt as needs change
- Troubleshoot system issues
- Reduce maintenance costs
- Refocus your efforts on business growth
In order for your infrastructure to run optimally, it needs maintenance. The same is true for the applications your business uses. Regular maintenance is necessary to keep everything running smoothly and avoid malfunctions. Application maintenance and support can also help you avoid operational bottlenecks.
Here are a few services often included with maintenance:
- Application enhancement: If an app comes with new features, your provider can update your software to include them.
- Quality assurance and testing: An experienced technician can test the quality of your application and fix defects that could lead to interrupted service.
- Performance management: The performance and stability of your software is important to your work. Your MSP can monitor your applications and detect problematic trends like slowdowns or crashes.
- Compliance: Certain industries are subject to regulations that govern how data can be stored, shared, and transferred. Your application maintenance and support specialist can make sure your programs meet those compliance standards.
- Cloud resource management: If you’re concerned about how your applications affect your cloud services, your application maintenance and support provider can monitor cloud consumption for resource optimization.
Like other forms of IT support, application support is geared toward quickly resolving problems to minimize downtime. Office 365 tech support, Zoom support, and certified public accountant (CPA) technical support are all examples of this service. What application maintenance and support include can differ between providers, but in general, you can expect:
- Troubleshooting: A technician can guide you through basic application issues like password resets or connection problems.
- Configuration: They can also resolve configuration issues, administer user accounts, and perform installations.
- Recovery: If data is lost while using the application or after a crash, the technician can help you recover it.
- Security: Keeping your data private is important. An MSP can implement cybersecurity measures to prevent data breaches and other cyber risks.
With a strategic partner that can meet your application maintenance and support needs, you can enjoy a variety of benefits, including:
- Tailored solutions: A capable IT support company like Net3 IT can customize their services to meet the unique needs of your business, so you always get the answer you’re looking for.
- Subject matter experts: By working with an MSP, you always have access to highly skilled and knowledgeable professionals who can maximize the potential of your apps.
- Quality: With a reliable service provider, you have a team of technicians dedicated to helping your business succeed.
The Net3 IT team knows that no one intentionally slows the growth of their business. However, it’s possible for a company to get in its own way without realizing it. If your applications are running slowly or malfunctioning, you could be hurting your operations.
At Net3 IT, we can cover the basic administration of your enterprise resource planning software. We can also handle quoting and bidding systems, manufacturing line of business systems, warehouse management systems, and more. Whether you need help with NetSuite, Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, or anything else, we’re here for you.
Contact us today to learn more about our application and maintenance support services.
Since 2012, Net3 IT has offered enterprise-level IT experience and industry knowledge to help Knoxville businesses make the right decisions. We are committed to our customers’ success by providing cost-effective, high-value IT services, VOIP phone services, and strategic consulting.